Looking at the unfavorable current state of the account receivables, there was a great need to digitize the entire billing system that would streamline the organization’s back-office operations and would healthify its revenue cycle.
Here are the following appropriate steps that were taken by our team to minimize AR:
- At first, we integrated the EMR system with their existing system and started analyzing the problematic areas that required more attention.
- We started reviewing the charge errors which were mainly due to the improper use of modifiers, incorrect codes.
- Unfiled charges that were lagging from prolonged were identified, corrected, and filed again.
- The reasons for claim rejections were identified and resolved, thus, descending the percentage of rejections and increasing the percentage of acceptance.
- Patient statements were formulated timely and at regular intervals, accelerating the process, our team audited four bill cycles at a time to avoid hiking AR days.
- The reasons for the low time limit of filing claims, their denials, and rejections were identified and were orchestrated through automation.
- The patient’s medical records and co-payments were rectified and balanced.
- The overall AR management was streamlined from the scratch